Whether you like it or not, work from home is now the new normal and here to stay. Creating a comfortable and productive work environment has become extremely important for people still working from home. While working from home, people often underestimate the importance of buying a good comfortable chair and end up buying low-quality chairs. The drawback of this is discomfort and low productivity & efficiency.
To avoid this mistake, read through this article to learn how to choose the best chair for work from home.
A] Reasons Why You Need an Office Chair for Work From Home
Find a chair that allows you to comfortably work long hours from home without fatigue or back pain. Some chairs look fine initially, but by the end of the day, the pain in the back is unbearable. You can suffer from serious health issues if your chair isn’t right. You need a correct body posture to work long hours. Hence, buy an office chair that is well-suited for your needs.
- An ideal ergonomic chair for work from home should keep your feet flat whilst also providing a little gap between the back of your knee and the front edge of the chair.
- It must allow your knees to bend a little lower compared with the level of your hips.
- It must also easily allow you to change positions while working without any hassle.
A comfortable chair for home office should offer optimal lumbar support, which improves the posture and reduces the strain on the back.
Increase Productivity and Efficiency
The best chair for work from home will lead to fruitful concentration and focus on the work. If the chair is not comfortable, one might frequently get up and take a break from their work which can affect productivity. A good work from home chair is one on which you can sit for long hours without pain & aches and offers greater comfort.
Low-quality vs High-quality Chairs
The right chair makes a big difference in your work and comfort. It also plays a vital part in keeping you healthy. Rather than shelling out money on low-quality chairs consistently, you should invest in a high-quality chair that will last longer and aid long-term health.
B] Choosing an Ideal Work from Home Chair
First and foremost, prioritize your health and comfort. Look for a chair with the best back support. Period. Ergonomic chairs have many benefits but choosing a chair that provides multiple points of back support and full-base support is important.
- When choosing comfort, look for chairs with loaded features like adjustable height, backrest support, reclining options, etc. This will not only make your work-from-home experience more comfortable but will also enhance productivity and keep you healthy.
- You can also choose waterfall seated chairs, which are named for their round-shape front edge. Waterfall chairs are ideal for maintaining a good body posture. The downward slope shape of this chair also gives rigid but comfortable support behind the knees and below your quadriceps, relieving pressure.
- Choosing a chair that compliments your arms and head perfectly will help you for a long period of time. It is important to observe how your arms fit and how they feel when you sit on a chair. The height of the arms must match the height of the keyboard otherwise it will lead to a lot of discomfort. Proper arm support and headrest are one of the features you must look for in a work-from-home chair.
- Height is also an important factor to consider when choosing the correct chair for your home office. Many people do not consider height while buying the chair and regret it after a few days when they start experiencing back aches or have trouble readjusting the chair frequently. This is not only frustrating but also affects work productivity.
C] Best Work From Home Chair: Things to Consider
- MAINTENANCE: Maintaining chairs can be a challenge. Understandably, your chair might smell of sweat sometimes, which is why it is important to choose a chair with care. Check the material used to make the seat of the chair. Check whether or not it can be clean with water. Good hygiene is extremely important for a good work environment, so ensure you consider this point when buying.
- STYLE AND PRICING: Before buying a chair, always decide on your budget and then start looking for options. This allows you to look at exactly the type you want without overshooting the budget. Deciding on a budget makes it easier to look for a specific style or design while shopping. A stylish chair often gives you the ‘royalty’ feeling no matter how many times you sit on it, which is why style and design patterns play a vital role in choosing a chair.
- DURABILITY: A high-quality chair usually lasts anywhere between 6 to 9 years. It also depends on how you use it daily. Plus, most high-quality chairs can last for a prolonged period if maintained well.